OPCRDS (Open PATH CAvity Ringdown SPECTROMETER)
The Open Path Cavity Ringdown Spectrometer (OPCRDS) is the only in situ instrument capable of measuring light extinction coefficients and visibility at true ambient atmospheric conditions. Its open path design eliminates the need for inlet tubing and closed optical cavities, thereby avoiding impaction losses and evaporation from sample heating. The OPCRDS is ideally suited for visibility monitoring, remote sensing validation, and ambient measurements in regions where high relative humidity and coarse mode aerosol (e.g., dust) are important.
Gordon, T. D., et al., Open-Path, Closed-Path and Reconstructed Aerosol Extinction at a Rural Site. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, Taylor & Francis. doi:10.1080/10962247.2018.1452801, 2018.
- Size: 55" x 19" x 29" (W x D x H)
- Weight: ~ 35 kg
- Power: 100-240 VAC, ~250 W
- Size range: all
- Sample flow rate: ~1500 LPM through duct
- Maximum concentration: ~ 300 Mm-1 (higher values possible depending on configuration)
- Environmental operating conditions: -20 to + 40 C
- Laser: 674 nm, 10 mW
- Storage and communications: 8 GB USB memory, ethernet
tel: +1 720 724 7658